Monday, February 11, 2013

Make Instant Natural Energy Drink

Caffeinated tea is one of my favorite ways to get some energy, but 9 times out of 10 the whole process of brewing it, waiting for it to be ready (to be strong enough) and then adding ice to make it cold and sweetener to make it sweet just sounds like too much work, so I usually don't do it.

I recently discovered matcha green tea powder and it is awesome! There is no brewing, there is no waiting and if you do it just like I show below, it is a completely natural instant way to get some energy.  I have been drinking this throughout the day or right before I go for a run and I can tell a major difference as compared to when I drink coffee.  I don't feel jittery and cracked out of my mind. You coffee drinkers know what I am talking about.  I feel alert, focused and have a ton of energy to do whatever I need to do.

The benefits of matcha green tea powder:
  • Boosts metabolism and burns calories.
  • Does not raise insulin levels.  Being a type 1 diabetic I love this since coffee sometimes spikes my blood sugar for no reason at all. 
  • Fights against viruses and bacteria.
  • Enhances mood.
  • Has more antioxidants than blueberries or pomegranates.
  • Provides potent cancer fighting properties.
  • Helps to safely cleanse and detoxify the body.
  • I have personally noticed that it helps curb those annoying afternoon snack cravings. 
  • Does not raise blood pressure or heart rate.  
What you need:
  • An empty reusable water bottle.  *I used a glass bottle so you can actually see the green tea, but I usually put mine in a BPA free water bottle that I bring with me everywhere. 
  • Matcha green tea powder.  You can find this at most health food stores, specialty Asian markets and online here.
  • Liquid stevia.  Optional but I think it makes it taste amazing. 
Directions:
  1. Fill your water bottle up to almost the very top.  
  2. Add 1/4 tsp of matcha powder for every 8-20 ounces of water.  Add a few drops of liquid stevia.
  3. Put the lid on and shake shake shake until everything has dissolved.  That's it! 
  4.  Enjoy :) 


So easy right?  All you do is add and shake!  This is my new favorite thing to drink for energy.  It tastes light, refreshing and has the perfect amount of sweetness without any unnecessary calories.
Recipe from here

No comments:

Post a Comment