Saturday, January 3, 2015

Turmeric/Curcumin as Burn Scar Removar

When I was 11 years-old, I was given the job of cooking. I was short and the stove was quite high, so every time I burnt my arms and wrists.

My mom, being a concerned parent, told me that the scars need to be taken care of as soon as the skin is not sensitive. She made me a paste of Turmeric and put a thin layer on my skin and let it dry and told me to wash it afterward. The process was repeated about 3-4 times. Now I am in early 30s and I see no scars, in fact scars were gone within a month of the treatment. When you treat your skin with anything, it is better to do it during the night as skin gets sensitive after treatment and sun can damage the treated skin.

Turmeric needs to be pure and not mixed with any ingredients and if it is raw, that is even better. Most turmeric are fried before turning into powder. If you can find raw and make your own powder, more power to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment