Friday, February 1, 2013

Baby Powder

Baby Powder at Home

The more I study into our everyday consumer products, the more I am convinced that I should make everything at home. Many of the products either have chemicals that I do not even know how to read the name (which tells me that they are made from other products and are synthetic) or has such chemicals which are very unhealthy.

When it comes to children's products, I have become even more sensitive. I do not even want many of the products around them, as I have seen it how much damage these chemicals have caused to my babies' skin.

So while searching, I found a very simple homemade recipe for baby powder (remember in many countries, baby powder contain talc which has been linked to some disease).

So here it is:

Step One: In a large Ziploc bag, combine together:
 - 1/2 cup arrowroot powder or potato starch (I had potato starch so it should work fine and if you do not have any of these you can always find corn starch at most grocery stores.)
 - 1/4 teaspoon lavender oil (or relaxing oil of your choice)


Step Two:  Work the oil through with your fingers.  Then, allow the bag to sit for 3-4 days so the oil can become distributed through the powder.  Voila.  Easy, all-natural baby powder.  And it works wonderfully.

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment